The followings are the functions of MPM:
- Responsible in administration of Council areas which includes the towns and the surrounding areas as gazetted under Local Government Act 1976.
- Responsible for collection of yearly revenues as well as striving to increase the amount of yearly revenues through new sources of revenue.
- To create good relationship with all parties (clients, taxpayers and others) who are directly and indirectly involved in the context of achieving council’s mission and objectives.
- To plan and execute council’s efficient and quality services in fulfilling the needs of a living society towards the creation of peaceful living environment.
- Responsible in administrating Manjung area through control of business and industrial activities as well as to create conducive environment to attract more investors.
- To control, plan and approve physical development in line with the needs of the Structuring and Local Plans.
- To plan and execute progress of Council area with attention to the development based on the conservation of environment and to create a balanced and harmonious city society.